JUST A NOTE:

Thank you for your time to visit my blog. I hope you enjoy it and visit often :). If it inspires you feel free to use my ideas, but don't forget to give credit and back-link to my blog. Thanks again and have fun browsing! Cornelia

If you want to contact me, mail to neliacards@gmail.com

Design Teams past and present and GDT

Saturday, September 14, 2013

Tuesday Trigger and Welcome to a new Member

First things first - 

I have a new member to welcome to my blog - she is not a stranger to me, since we have emailed back and forth now for a while. We are both expats from Germany, our home towns are not far apart  and besides that we have card making in common. She just started her own blog and it would be so nice if you would pay her a visit, say hi and who knows - become a member on her blog! Doesn't that make us all happy? (It makes me happy, that's for sure!). So after this intro

welcome


and here is your welcome picture - I hope you like it!


The sculptures are by George Segal, an American Pop art painter and sculptor. I discovered those on one of my New York City walking tours in the West Village. 

--X--


I abandoned all my other card making plans, when I saw this Tuesday Trigger photo last night and I made TWO cards for it. I show you the second card first (Because I like the first one a lot more - hang on....)





I used my Avery Elle set - Bright Days to stamp the triangles with one of my Kaleidocolor stamp pads. Does anybody know how to get even inking for those larger stamps? I always get white spots, where the ink just does not cover the stamp - is it ink dependent? I have struggled with that in the past, but decided for this card to pretend that's how I wanted it to be..... 


The sentiment is by Stempelknopf - a present from my blogging friend Monika. I added some sequins. By the way, if you don't have the right color you can use markers to color them - I used a sharpie for the green ones (originally silver)....I should have just bought silver ones.....

Here is the Trigger photo -absolutely  stunning!!!


And now to my second card:


I cut up strips of rainbow paper - my blogging friend Flo (Doerthe) mailed them to me a while ago and I was always thinking about using them. This project was perfect for it!




The die cut and sentiment are from Simon Says. I just love how it came out - I keep staring at it, LOL!

I am also linking this card with the Die Cut Divas - Let's Celebrate challenge

I also kind of fits the challenge over at CASE Study, so I am linking it up here as well.


20 comments:

Jacquie Southas said...

I keep staring at your second card too - love the bright, fresh look!

Niki G said...

Love your take on the trigger...so beautiful! Fab technique too! Mahalo for stopping by and leaving a sweet comment!

Susanne Vargas said...

Thank you for your warm welcome! I love the art that you chose and both of your cards!

Ardyth Percy-Robb said...

OK, I'm not even going to try the Tuesday trigger because you just won! LOVE that second card - so vivid and vibrant! Fantastic!

Cecilia Hsieh said...

Just gorgeous. They are both great! I have the same problem with larger stamp. I think the surface you stamp on needs to be very even and you have to apply pressure to all parts of the stamp. I have not perfected it yet, but getting there!!

Helen F. said...

Very cool ideas on both of your cards for the Tuesday Trigger.
I like the 'welcome' photo for your friend Suzanne too :)

Daen'Ys said...

Zwei tolle Karten und ein vielversprechender Blog, bei dem ich mich natürlich gleich eintragen werde!!

Linda Beeson said...

That is fun, great look.

wienerhoneymooners said...

So lovely!!!!

Jackie said...

Both cards are fun and vibrant!

Kanan Pandya said...

Both your cards are fab, Cornelia. Love both the style. Fantastic design and colors. :-)

Bobby said...

Both cards work wonderfully for the sketches. I'm with you on the stamping. I'm not REALLY a stamper and I know it's partly because I, too, have problems with the ink coming out evenly. I keep trying so if you find out the secret, let me know.

Sherrie M. said...

Congrats on the CASE Stufy win!! Great card!

Cris G said...

Hi, Cornelia. Congratulations on your TOP 3 win! Your cards are both beautiful, but the second is just perfect! It sure brings a happy day to everyone!

Kim Heggins said...

Congrats on being in the top three for Case Study...fabulous card.

maria f. said...

That card is the most perfect use for rainbow paper I've ever seen. Wonderful design. Cool blog header too.

Flo said...

Wow!!! Das sind ja Superkarten!!! Grandios!!! :-)))
Regenbogenpapier macht schon Spass, oder???
Ich weiß gar nicht, warum ich die nicht schon am 14. 9. gesehen habe. eigentlich schaue ich täglich, was es Neues in der Stempelwelt gibt.
Ich weiß nicht, wie spät es bei dir ist: aber trotzdem einen schönen Sonntag noch oder gehabt zu haben.
Liebe Grüße, Flo

Cath said...

Hey Cornelia! Thanks for linking this up to this week's Tuesday Trigger in the Moxie Fab World! I'm so glad you joined in on all the fun! :)

Arlene said...

Beautiful cards and love that second card - I can imagine it in real like. WOW!!!!!!!!!

Glad you entered it in Die Cut Divas too. I will pick the winner on Tuesday from September's entries.

Kanan Pandya said...

Congratulations friend for your top three mentioned at the CASE Study challenge for this fab card. Love it. :-)